Happy New Year to all of you...
hope you rang in the New Year safely!
hope you rang in the New Year safely!
Christmas around here was definitely an adventure, filled with some unexpected happenings.
On Wednesday, December 17 we lost my grandmother to the horrible disease of Alzheimers, thus sending us to NY for five days to visit family and attend services.
Logan did not make the trip with us for several reasons...
1. The whole atmosphere of our trip was not for a two-year-old
2. My family just saw him during our visit there in October
3. We are going again in April for my uncle's wedding
4. and the big kicker... the price of a plane ticket, with no notice, around the holidays!
It was such a blessing to have family so close that they could come and take him for that time and he didn't have any clue as to how sad the whole thing really was... he truly enjoyed his visit with Grana, Papa and Aunt Kelley that week and it was so nice to know he was well taken care of. As soon as our trip began, I was assured that we had made the right decision, as we were landed in Tampa with no connection to NY due to a winter storm and the closing of all airports in the NY area! Six hours in an airport is a long time without a 2 yr old, so you can imagine how thrilled I was that he was not with us, especially while I watched other parents trying to contain there toddlers during the afternoon of delays!
We did make it safely to and from NY and it was a nice time getting to visit the family. Though I wish it could have been under different circumstances, I know that my Grandma is in a much better place right now, filled with memories and thoughts that she had been missing for the last several years!
And then we return to celebrate Christmas, getting Logan back just in time for Christmas Eve (in which we did absolutely nothing) and a very relaxing holiday spent at my parents' house! The kid was a little spoiled, but when you are the only grandchild on either side, that's bound to happen, huh?
Here are just a FEW pics...
Enjoying his new "desk" and the singing Rudolph that
Great Grandma sent!
Helping mommy and daddy open their new package of assorted meats from Omaha Steaks!!! So yummy!

Cool kid!
Some nice posed pics after he was dressed in his new clothes...
Mommy and Logan
Grandma and Logan
Uncle Mike and Logan
Watching Curious George, with the animal himself...
while we were all getting ourselves dressed!

And when it came to the BIG gift, Uncle Mike played Santa this year! Due to weather and the circumstances the week leading up to Christmas, this was not set up until the day after, but that didn't seem to matter to Logan...
his new "trampoWeen"
and when it comes to my two boys, sometimes I wonder who enjoys this new "toy" the most!

The day after Christmas Jeff's family came to celebrate with us... we had a very nice, relaxing weekend with them... shopping, eating and playing games together. I was feeling a little under the weather and the camera didn't come out once... sorry Graces, Kelley I'll have to get some pics from you!
And now, what's ahead for 09??? Well, let's just say that there ought to be even more excitement in our lives next Christmas, as Logan will have to share the attention with someone else...
will it be a brother or a sister? Only time will tell!
All I can tell you right now is that it's making mommy VERY sick!
And on this note, Sunday at church we sang a song that really wrapped up this whole end of the year experience for me... I cried while I sang, being reminded of God's sovereignty and the working of His perfect plan!
"You give and take away, You give and take away,
My heart will choose to say, Lord blessed be your name!"
He has taken someone very precious away from us, but my faith is in this new life, the timing of the news, and what wonderful things it will bring to our family, near and far.
On Wednesday, December 17 we lost my grandmother to the horrible disease of Alzheimers, thus sending us to NY for five days to visit family and attend services.
Logan did not make the trip with us for several reasons...
1. The whole atmosphere of our trip was not for a two-year-old
2. My family just saw him during our visit there in October
3. We are going again in April for my uncle's wedding
4. and the big kicker... the price of a plane ticket, with no notice, around the holidays!
It was such a blessing to have family so close that they could come and take him for that time and he didn't have any clue as to how sad the whole thing really was... he truly enjoyed his visit with Grana, Papa and Aunt Kelley that week and it was so nice to know he was well taken care of. As soon as our trip began, I was assured that we had made the right decision, as we were landed in Tampa with no connection to NY due to a winter storm and the closing of all airports in the NY area! Six hours in an airport is a long time without a 2 yr old, so you can imagine how thrilled I was that he was not with us, especially while I watched other parents trying to contain there toddlers during the afternoon of delays!
We did make it safely to and from NY and it was a nice time getting to visit the family. Though I wish it could have been under different circumstances, I know that my Grandma is in a much better place right now, filled with memories and thoughts that she had been missing for the last several years!
And then we return to celebrate Christmas, getting Logan back just in time for Christmas Eve (in which we did absolutely nothing) and a very relaxing holiday spent at my parents' house! The kid was a little spoiled, but when you are the only grandchild on either side, that's bound to happen, huh?
Here are just a FEW pics...
Enjoying his new "desk" and the singing Rudolph that
Great Grandma sent!
Helping mommy and daddy open their new package of assorted meats from Omaha Steaks!!! So yummy!
Cool kid!
Some nice posed pics after he was dressed in his new clothes...Mommy and Logan
Grandma and Logan
Uncle Mike and Logan
Watching Curious George, with the animal himself...while we were all getting ourselves dressed!

And when it came to the BIG gift, Uncle Mike played Santa this year! Due to weather and the circumstances the week leading up to Christmas, this was not set up until the day after, but that didn't seem to matter to Logan...
his new "trampoWeen"
and when it comes to my two boys, sometimes I wonder who enjoys this new "toy" the most!
The day after Christmas Jeff's family came to celebrate with us... we had a very nice, relaxing weekend with them... shopping, eating and playing games together. I was feeling a little under the weather and the camera didn't come out once... sorry Graces, Kelley I'll have to get some pics from you!
And now, what's ahead for 09??? Well, let's just say that there ought to be even more excitement in our lives next Christmas, as Logan will have to share the attention with someone else...
will it be a brother or a sister? Only time will tell!
All I can tell you right now is that it's making mommy VERY sick!
And on this note, Sunday at church we sang a song that really wrapped up this whole end of the year experience for me... I cried while I sang, being reminded of God's sovereignty and the working of His perfect plan!
"You give and take away, You give and take away,
My heart will choose to say, Lord blessed be your name!"
He has taken someone very precious away from us, but my faith is in this new life, the timing of the news, and what wonderful things it will bring to our family, near and far.
4 comments:
congratulations!
Congratulations!!! So exciting!!
Congrats! Guess we'll be pregnant (and sick) together!!!
CONGRATS!! I know I already told ya, but just wanted to tell you again. So excited for you guys!!
Post a Comment