Well, Logan has never really been into Dora and Diego until about a month ago and now he is officially hooked! Thankfully he would still prefer to play outside than watch tv, but if the television is an option, Dora and Diego are the newest additions to our DVR. I am not opposed to either and think it is amazing how it can mesmerize him for the 25 minutes and then he remembers every story line, every song, facts about the animals and places, and has even been picking up some Spanish... with minimal amounts of additional work on my part! One day a couple weeks ago he just started counting in Spanish and though he wanted to stop at 8 (because that was the episode where Dora counted the Octopus' legs) we did teach him and encourage him on to 10.I'll have to post a video because the way he pronounces
a couple of the numbers is quite funny!
Anyway, this morning after breakfast he was watching Dora while I was getting ready for the gym and he came and told me, "Dora speaks Spanish, Mommy." And I said, "Yes, I know. And our neighbors Rosa and Enrique speak some Spanish to you too sometimes." He inquired about who else spoke Spanish and we discussed that our trash man does, and probably some of the men that work in our neighborhood building the houses. I didn't think anything more of this conversation when it was over until we were getting ready to leave for the gym and we took the trash out to the end of the driveway... reminder here how awesome this is to Logan- he ADORES our trash men and thinks that trash days are the best days of the week. Well he brought a box down to the man and when the man took it from him and gave him his usual high-five, I reminded Logan to say Thank You and he said, "Gracias!" The trash man thought this was so cool, giving the biggest smile and saying, "De nada" followed by another high-five.
Gotta give some props to Nickelodeon here... my kid somehow knew that Gracias means Thank You and made the connection that if Mommy said the trash man speaks Spanish, then we should say "Gracias" to him. After a lot of praise from me for having done this, he has continued to say Gracias in exchange for Thank You all day... even to his teachers at the Y when he said good-bye to them today. How precious are little kids... and such sponges of information!
No comments:
Post a Comment