Friday, February 19, 2010

Dentist!

A couple weeks ago we made our first trip to the Pediatric Dentist!

It was an experience, I'll tell you that. Logan did a very good job for having such little knowledge of what to expect and I'll admit, I didn't prepare him too much. My thinking was that I didn't want to make too big of a deal out of it, but in hindsight, I may have wanted to do some praciticing. Laying down to have his teeth brushed was NOT on his list of good ideas. I didn't get any pictures during the actual exam because I really didn't want to document that part, but all was well, his teeth looked great, and in the end, he LOVED Dr. Wheeler! He talks now very easily about wanting to go back and the fact that, "Dr.Wheeler says I need to drink water instead of juice."

Waiting for the dentist, reading a book to little brother.

Let me insert right here that I loved the whole process of this office. The dentist himself came out and sat in these blue chairs with us, talking to Logan and getting to know him before walking us back for the exam. Really, Logan was not afraid of him or any of the ladies one bit... it was just the laying down part that he wanted nothing to do with! :-)

Afterward, we did take a picture, all tears wiped away!


And what's the perfect treat after a successful dental visit?
A cookie at the mall followed by the playground!
Hey, when I was a kid, I got a Dairy Queen blizzard if there weren't any cavities, so what's the harm in one chocolate chip and m&m cookie???

2 comments:

Shannon K. said...

Dr. Wheeler is the best! Katie started at 2 and also was afraid of laying down. And of the scrubby brush noise. But now she's a pro and walks in their asking for Bugs Life :P

Colby said...

Love Dr. Wheeler! Can't wait to see Shannon's photos on here! If you are reading Jessica's blog right now, go to:

http://skphotographytheblog.blogspot.com/