So, I know Spring Break doesn't mean the same to us as it does to people who have kids in real school 5 days a week, but we had a great one anyway!
My best friend Rachel is a teacher, so we took advantage of her time off and went down to see her for a couple days. I was VERY sick (later to find out I had a sinus infection) and the weather on day two of our visit was really crummy, but watching movies and having some time to not do anything, it was kind of nice. And, with my being sick, Rachel was a HUGE help to me and kept Ryan in her room for the night! Yay! :-)
On day one, we met Rachel at a farmer's market and did some strawberry picking. Logan LOVED this and I'm sure this is something we'll be doing a lot more of in the future!
"Twist and pull"
That's what he said every time he picked one
S0 many to choose from!
It was a bit chilly, but Ryan had fun watching from the stroller!
Swings at the farmer's market!
Very serious about this "task" and he wanted to wash all of his by himself.
Proud little strawberry picker!

That afternoon the evening weather was beautiful (thank heaven for daylight savings!) so we went to the local park and had some fun!
Looking for the ducks to feed

Finally got a couple to come to them!

Ryan's first time at a park... not just in a stroller

Big brother showing him the rocks!

My sweety!


Gotta love a merry-go-round!

And slides are always fun!

Ryan in the swing...

SO happy!

We were very happy to have done the park on day one, because like I said, day two was horrible weather and called for a day inside watching one Disney movie after another! :-)
Thanks Aunt Rachel for hosting us... we had a wonderful time!
Later in the week, we just had to celebrate St.Patrick's Day!

Two handsome Irish boys!
Tooting his own horn...
Ryan and Grandpa

My parents are very big into this holiday,
so they took the boys for dinner and some fun at the mall!
Ryan LOVED his first carousel ride!
Held on and sat up strong the whole time!
We wrapped up our Spring Break with my friend Avery coming into town with her two girls, Brynn and Camdyn. I can't believe it had been a year since we had visited one another, but the kids got along great and lots of fun was had by all!
Day one... at the park!

Day two of their visit, we took advantage of our new Children's Museum membership and made the trip downtown for the day. Thankfully Jeff was off, so little Ryan stayed behind with daddy. I say thankfully, because the museum on the last Saturday of Spring Break= CROWDED!
A lot of pictures from the Museum!
Camdyn
Logan and Brynn
Brynn... mirror fun!
Hello Cami!
Sweetness!


Face painting
They were both cats, and while I was doing Brynn's, Logan picked up the brown and colored over his "whiskers" telling me he was a "dirty kitten." Ya know, the naughty one that soiled his mittens? Yes, he meant that one!
We had to try to get a picture of all 4 kiddos...
It was a bit challenging and to prove the point, I have included just a few of the many shots that were taken.
Hmmm...

Brynn and Logan had more important things to discuss,
and Cami was looking for something to get into!

Everyone look at Ryan?
No, we did not tell them to do this!

Dylan wanting to join in on the fun!

Where ya going Cami???
Yes, this is what it's like to take a picture of 4 kids under 4!
A couple of good ones!!

Maybe the best! :-)

Brothers!


Ryan was off to bed and then it was...
Story time


Having them here for a few days was so much fun! Everytime we see them I repeat how much I wished they lived closer! Next time we see them, we'll get to welcome baby girl #3 for this beautiful family!
1 comment:
Looks like lots of FUN was had by ALL in all the photos/events! I lOVE the strawberry picking - how precious! We are SOOO going to miss seeing you all this weekend - I just try NOT to think about it!
Post a Comment