Saturday, November 06, 2010

Fall fun!

Fall is definitely my favorite time of year! Of course, I like this week of fall better than the last month we've had, but that's only because of weather! I want to feel fall... not just have football and Halloween and Thanksgiving, but actually feel the season change. Well, that's just happened this week, AFTER Halloween is over, but nonetheless... fall is here and we've been having LOTS of fun!

Having 3 kids now gives me very little computer time. I've done a good job of still keeping our busy lifestyle, planning outings and even taking tons of pictures... posting them? That's a bit less of a success. So, I'm going to do my best to catch you up!

Not the best year to be a UT football fan, but we aren't fair weather fans, so we're sticking by them as best we can. Here's the usual pics of the boys with their daddy!

At the beginning of October Logan went home with his Grana for a week between two of her visits here and I loved getting to have some alone time with Ryan. We had a playgroup outing to 7 Acre Woods and it was so nice to be able to give all my focus to Ryan and really see his personality blossom without big brother around to take the lead.

(This was just 2 days before receiving Baby J,
so perfect timing in my mind!)

SO HAPPY!

He's an active little fella!

Loved the tractors and mommy loved the pics we were able to get keeping him still on something so he'd look at the camera!


This was his first time in a petting zoo...
or, kissing zoo I guess!

This face was his attempt to sound like the chickens!

Posing with piggy! Piggy got kisses too I assure you!



Right after Baby J joined us, our church held a fundraiser at Incredible Pizza for a ministry that Jeff is on the board of. We wanted to go and support them, but the idea of introducing Logan to this place (he'd never been) and having all 3 kids with us was a little overwhelming. So, Grandma and Grandpa did some babysitting and we got to have a night out with our big boy Logan. He had so much fun and has been planning a return trip since about 5 minutes after we left!

Bowling was a favorite! We did this twice!
Playing air hockey!
Race cars with Daddy!
First time at miniature golf...
gonna take some practice, but he loved it!
Ready to go home with his prizes...
The pirate patch (Arrgh!)
A toy duck for Ryan
A mouse to scare Grandma with!
(Gotta love boys!)

I loved that he wanted to get Ryan something... without anyone making the suggestion for him! He is such a thoughtful and loving big brother! I absolutely love getting to do outings with just one kid at a time... you learn so much about them as individuals when you can give them 100% of your attention for the time being!



HALLOWEEN FUN!
Halloween costumes were great this year for many reasons...
here are 2!
#1- They were all FREE! Yes, Logan got his Buzz costume from our neighbor for his birthday and I made the executive decision that he would be Buzz Lightyear for Halloween! Our dear friends lent us Ryan's costume, one that her son Levi wore when he was 1, and Baby J? He wore numerous little onesies that acknowledged the holiday as well as the pumpkin outfit that Ryan wore last year. We were handed down a skunk costume for him too, but like I mentioned above, we didn't exactly have the cool weather for any of our Halloween celebrations, and the space heater that he is didn't need to sweat anymore than he already does!
#2- We got a lot of opportunities to wear them. The first time was 2 weeks before Halloween!

My Mom2Mom group had a party at a local park
Buzz Lightyear ready for action:
Cookie decorating is always fun and yummy!
My little turtle with his 'Superhero' big brother


The week before Halloween, our church held it's
Annual Fall Festival

Aunt Kelley was in town and joined in on the fun night!
Ryan thought he was participating in the cake walk.
He just liked the music I think, but it was cute to watch!
Levi and Logan
Aunt Kelley with her turtle nephew
The turtle kissing his pumpkin!
He was a pumpkin that night, but in the wrap it was hard to see!

And, we LOVE these two families!

The Pates
The Turners

Logan's preschool held a storybook parade. Each child dressed up and brought a book with their character in the story. It was quite cute and I was happy to get to see Logan in his school element and enjoy this morning with him. Grana was in town, so she and the boys came along too!

Entering the building with the parade!
He was SO happy to see all of us there!
Waiting his turn to present his book



Grana and Ryan watching. Ryan liked the donuts!


We went to a pumpkin patch and took some great family pics (Grandparents too) but Baby J is in every one of them, cute and clear. This is the pumpkin we brought home.
Carving is messy and he still is a little taken back by that. Weird for how "boy" he usually is with everything boogers and toilets these days, but he really wasn't interested in the grossness of this.
Our (well, really 'my') masterpiece!
In all seriousness, he wanted to pick out the face we'd make and then was off playing while I carved away. As soon as I was done, he was happily announcing and showing off "his" pumpkin. I'm glad I could be of service! :-)


The night before Halloween, we attended Trunk or Treat at the church affiliated with Logan's preschool. It was a great time and I plan on it being an annual thing for us!

This one shows our 'pumpkin' a bit!

Family Hayride- The 5 of us!
Bounce house fun... Logan and Kyle

Ryan loved it too!


On Halloween night, we changed our tradition and went to my parents' neighborhood. It was SO MUCH better than last year, on so many levels! For one, Logan never got scared (even went through a haunted house!) and there weren't people roaming around on a mission to scare little ones! Logan loved the whole trick-or-treating experience and came away with lots of loot! My dad and Jeff took Logan and Ryan around and my mom and I stayed doorside with Baby J handing out candy! A great and relaxing Halloween!

Oh, and one more way it was better than last year... Neither of my kids broke out in fever that night with Swine Flu!!!! Thank goodness!

Logan has started climbing trees at Grandma and Grandpa's

And little brother likes to copy big brother...
Our turtle in the tree!
Checking out the loot!

Logan actually took this picture of Baby J (unplanned that his head would be cut off) and this shows his ghost costume!

And Ryan wanted to give us a good shot that was acceptable for the blog too, so I'm sure he did this on purpose!

So, that's the fall we've had so far! Now on to my absolute favorite time of year... Thanksgiving and all things FAMILY! I am so looking forward to this year's family celebrations and all the joy that will come with 3 boys! My Grandma will be coming from NY for my side's celebration and I am SO excited to have her here... she'll get to meet Baby J and spend some good quality time with all of us! We surely have so much to be thankful for!








2 comments:

Jeannie said...

So happy to read all the updates, Jess! Love how you are able to spend time with each boy alone - thank goodness for grandparents!

The Currie Family said...

love all the pictures!

ryan looks so grown up!!

I like your new thanksgiving tradition....your getting crafty on me!!! :o)