Baby J has been in our home for only 1 month, and I just cannot imagine life without him. He just belongs here... it feels so right! Now, let's be honest... having 3 is a very different transition from just adding the second... especially when the second and third are this close together. But even in saying that, I will tell you that there is so much joy in each day and I am so encouraged by the hope of the real friendship that will be between these brothers as they grow up together!
It saddens me that I cannot share and post all the precious pictures of this sweet boy's face until he is officially our 'son' in the eyes of the courts... but let me promise you, they are all safe here in our computer (and the external hard drive!) and the post that will show you his development when the adoption is complete will for sure be full of all these great shots and memories we've made!
We took Baby J to the doctor very soon after receiving him to have him checked out by our pediatrician. He was just past 3 mo at the time and weighed 13lbs9oz. I took him last week and again today because he's been a little under the weather and he is currently 15lbs 4oz, at 4 months old. Today they did not do the height and head circumference because it wasn't his technical 4mo well check, but I did find out that he is in the 55% in weight! Totally middle of the road normal... and this is very new and enjoyable to me, as the other boys were off the charts huge! I loved my fat, chunky babies, but this boy is getting a lot more use of his clothes and is quite a bit easier to tote around!
So, in this month we've had quite a bit of fun. All the Halloween festivities were pretty enjoyable and he made the cutest little pumpkin ever... the hat that went with the outfit actually fit his head... it never fit either Logan's or Ryan's!!! I guess that's another advantage of 55%!
It saddens me that I cannot share and post all the precious pictures of this sweet boy's face until he is officially our 'son' in the eyes of the courts... but let me promise you, they are all safe here in our computer (and the external hard drive!) and the post that will show you his development when the adoption is complete will for sure be full of all these great shots and memories we've made!
We took Baby J to the doctor very soon after receiving him to have him checked out by our pediatrician. He was just past 3 mo at the time and weighed 13lbs9oz. I took him last week and again today because he's been a little under the weather and he is currently 15lbs 4oz, at 4 months old. Today they did not do the height and head circumference because it wasn't his technical 4mo well check, but I did find out that he is in the 55% in weight! Totally middle of the road normal... and this is very new and enjoyable to me, as the other boys were off the charts huge! I loved my fat, chunky babies, but this boy is getting a lot more use of his clothes and is quite a bit easier to tote around!
So, in this month we've had quite a bit of fun. All the Halloween festivities were pretty enjoyable and he made the cutest little pumpkin ever... the hat that went with the outfit actually fit his head... it never fit either Logan's or Ryan's!!! I guess that's another advantage of 55%!

For those of you that don't know, when it comes to cutting the boys' hair, Jeff and I have a very different opinion on things. I liked Logan's curls when he was 2 and 3 (not as many now!) and enjoy him having hair that I comb and do. Jeff would just as well buzz it, making the hair cut easier to maintain, and what probably matters even more to him... FREE! Well, we finally have a kid that I agree, buzzing is the way to go!
Before
During
After
That was 2 weeks ago and it already needs to be done again! We are on a learning curve here though, because this is definitely different!
Dear Baby J,
Oh how we love you so! We love your giggle and how easily you smile and even that bit of temper you like to show when you are desiring to be held or removed from the carseat! You have filled our home to the brim with more love and joy than we even knew possible!
Logan thinks you are so special and likes to tell you often about our plans to adopt you and have you stay here forever... oh how I pray he is right! He enjoys talking about the differences between you and him and repeating how Jesus brought you to us! He tells everyone that he has two brothers now and is such a good helper for mommy!
Ryan doesn't really understand where you came from and how this all happened, but he does love you dearly. I believe he is under the impression that you were brought here purely for his enjoyment. When you wake from a nap and I'm carrying you downstairs, he giggles with excitement and wants me to lean down so he can kiss you. He likes to use you as a pillow (which sometimes makes you unhappy!) and really enjoys being as close to you as possible that sometimes 'on top of' is his meaning of 'close'. He is starting to see that some of his toys are for you and we are yet to see how he's going to be at sharing... but rest assured sweet boy, if you are in kissable rang, he will find you... and sometimes that kiss is more of a head-butt, but I know he means well... when you cry because it hurt, he just tries to kiss (or head-butt) you again! :-)
It sure feels like it's been more than a month since you arrived, you just fit in so well. So many people love you already... our family, our church friends and family, mommy's mommy friends, your pediatrician thinks you're pretty special... you have no idea! This week, you are going to meet your Great Grandmother... and she is going to kiss those cheeks more than they've ever been kissed! Next week, you are going to meet almost all of daddy's family as we celebrate Thanksgiving. We are SO THANKFUL for you! I pray that this Thanksgiving is one of many that we share as a family of 5! You have made my heart hold more love than I ever knew possible and I just know, without doubt, that as God was forming you in the womb, he was preparing you for my arms! My hope and prayer is that it's forever!
We love you more than you know!
Mommy and Daddy
Dear Baby J,
Oh how we love you so! We love your giggle and how easily you smile and even that bit of temper you like to show when you are desiring to be held or removed from the carseat! You have filled our home to the brim with more love and joy than we even knew possible!
Logan thinks you are so special and likes to tell you often about our plans to adopt you and have you stay here forever... oh how I pray he is right! He enjoys talking about the differences between you and him and repeating how Jesus brought you to us! He tells everyone that he has two brothers now and is such a good helper for mommy!
Ryan doesn't really understand where you came from and how this all happened, but he does love you dearly. I believe he is under the impression that you were brought here purely for his enjoyment. When you wake from a nap and I'm carrying you downstairs, he giggles with excitement and wants me to lean down so he can kiss you. He likes to use you as a pillow (which sometimes makes you unhappy!) and really enjoys being as close to you as possible that sometimes 'on top of' is his meaning of 'close'. He is starting to see that some of his toys are for you and we are yet to see how he's going to be at sharing... but rest assured sweet boy, if you are in kissable rang, he will find you... and sometimes that kiss is more of a head-butt, but I know he means well... when you cry because it hurt, he just tries to kiss (or head-butt) you again! :-)
It sure feels like it's been more than a month since you arrived, you just fit in so well. So many people love you already... our family, our church friends and family, mommy's mommy friends, your pediatrician thinks you're pretty special... you have no idea! This week, you are going to meet your Great Grandmother... and she is going to kiss those cheeks more than they've ever been kissed! Next week, you are going to meet almost all of daddy's family as we celebrate Thanksgiving. We are SO THANKFUL for you! I pray that this Thanksgiving is one of many that we share as a family of 5! You have made my heart hold more love than I ever knew possible and I just know, without doubt, that as God was forming you in the womb, he was preparing you for my arms! My hope and prayer is that it's forever!
We love you more than you know!
Mommy and Daddy
1 comment:
Fun post! I can't wait to see his precious face.
Maybe you posted and I missed it, but (if you are comfortable and able to share) what is the possible timeline for court and/or whatever else it is that makes him your permanent son? (forgive me if that's too personal a question; I honestly don't know)
Post a Comment