Saturday morning I ran a few errands and for the first time in awhile, I didn't need a sweatshirt or an umbrella! So, when I returned home, I instructed Logan to turn off the tv and get dressed to come play outside. I think my words were, "It's too beautiful to be inside today!"
We decided to tackle a much needed task that has been on our to-do list for some time. THE GARAGE! Jeff finally agreed to purchase a shed for the backyard and headed off to Lowes. I had my back turned when Logan first came out and heard him say, "It's a beautiful day for a tank top!" so proud of his outfit choice! I don't know if it was that warm, but this kid didn't complain the whole day and showing off his pasty skin didn't bother him one bit!
I think he had been missing the outdoors!!!
He asked several times to set up our pool...
Um, not that warm kid!
It didn't take long for the whole family to be in the backyard "helping" daddy. When I say helping, I mean the boys played in the sandbox, on the swing set, emptied the toybox, and Logan had a great time with the branches daddy cut off the tree, combined with his imagination.
Logan declared a "work" break

I did put Logan to work paring down his outside toys... some were SO in need of being chunked! I let him pick his favorites and the rest were goners!
J Baby got to try the swing for the first time... best pictures of his sweet smile I've ever taken!
Ok, so there was SOME helping done by Logan :-)


I spent most of the day organizing the backyard toys, cleaning out the van (yay!), and juggling the three boys' schedules, making sure everyone was fed and rested... and helping Jeff when the shed needed two sets of hands! Jeff worked so hard and was working in the dark, well after all the boys were in bed. I had to help a few times and ended up scaling the fence in the dark to get on top to help with the final screws, but I couldn't be happier... mostly about how clean my garage is now and how I can open my car door without hitting any lawn equipment!!! Yay for happy moms! and wonderful, hard-working dads!!!

If only I had taken a before and after of the garage, then you'd understand my joy!
And this morning, it's rainy and wet, and Ryan boy is SICK, so I'm so glad we played "productive family" yesterday!
We decided to tackle a much needed task that has been on our to-do list for some time. THE GARAGE! Jeff finally agreed to purchase a shed for the backyard and headed off to Lowes. I had my back turned when Logan first came out and heard him say, "It's a beautiful day for a tank top!" so proud of his outfit choice! I don't know if it was that warm, but this kid didn't complain the whole day and showing off his pasty skin didn't bother him one bit!
I think he had been missing the outdoors!!!
Um, not that warm kid!
It didn't take long for the whole family to be in the backyard "helping" daddy. When I say helping, I mean the boys played in the sandbox, on the swing set, emptied the toybox, and Logan had a great time with the branches daddy cut off the tree, combined with his imagination.
Logan declared a "work" break
I did put Logan to work paring down his outside toys... some were SO in need of being chunked! I let him pick his favorites and the rest were goners!
J Baby got to try the swing for the first time... best pictures of his sweet smile I've ever taken!
Ok, so there was SOME helping done by Logan :-)
I spent most of the day organizing the backyard toys, cleaning out the van (yay!), and juggling the three boys' schedules, making sure everyone was fed and rested... and helping Jeff when the shed needed two sets of hands! Jeff worked so hard and was working in the dark, well after all the boys were in bed. I had to help a few times and ended up scaling the fence in the dark to get on top to help with the final screws, but I couldn't be happier... mostly about how clean my garage is now and how I can open my car door without hitting any lawn equipment!!! Yay for happy moms! and wonderful, hard-working dads!!!
If only I had taken a before and after of the garage, then you'd understand my joy!
And this morning, it's rainy and wet, and Ryan boy is SICK, so I'm so glad we played "productive family" yesterday!
No comments:
Post a Comment