Tuesday, February 01, 2011

The Month of LOVE!

February is HERE... another fun family activity to introduce!
Only day 1 and Logan is loving it already.

Thanks again to my crafty friend Laurie for organizing all the mommy crafts at our church playgroup, for helping us make this beautiful Valentine Garland.


Each day counting up to Valentine's Day, Logan will open a love note from mommy (and maybe some from daddy too!?!?). This is a great way to reinforce positive behavior and good personality traits that we like to see in our kiddos.

Today's note:

Can we say excited?!?!

Reading his note

After each note is read, I've found a place to keep the envelopes and have chosen to show off the pretty valentine paper instead of the numbered envelopes.

By Valentine's Day, he'll have 14 things I love about him written down and I'm thinking we'll be reading them each multiple times! :-)

Ryan isn't quite old enough for this yet, so I've got it easier this year with only writing one note each day. The best part is that I don't have to make another garland in the future. I will just use a different paper for each kiddo and take time each day to read their notes with them, when that time comes.

Have older kids? Maybe you could write them each a note, but challenge them to write one to each sibling too? Fill your home with love this February! Brainstorm other ways you can use this and feel free to share in the comments section! I'm so thrilled about all the possibilities with this new tradition.

Happy February!!!

**This year Logan will be away for 6 days in the middle of this garland activity. So, I'm sending it with Grana when they take him next week, writing those days' notes in advance and then he'll have something to read from me every day that he's gone! :-) And maybe Grana will want to add her own notes while she has him too! So FUN! **

2 comments:

Debra Grace said...

Okay!!! That is a great thing to do and Papa and I will be more than glad to be a part of this!

Courtney Willis said...

What a great idea! We may need to try this one too!