Just one week after returning from NY, we had Ryan's birthday party. I already posted about his life at AGE TWO but this post is more about the celebratory weekend! And, these pictures were all taken by Andrew... oh how thankful we are for his awesome camera and very talented eye... and that he was able to make it to the party! Oh, so thankful!
The morning of the party, Kelley and Andrew took the older two to the park so I could work around the house and send Jeff on some errands for last minute things. I love that they took the camera because some of these are just precious!
Yes, he is going to be FIVE this week... unbelievable!!!
Sweet hands... 3 years apart and the younger ones hands are not much smaller!!!!
THE FARM PARTY!
These were his invitations... You put the black piece above behind the barn doors and people open them to read the invite info. SO precious and made by one of the most creative people I know, the owner of Oh My Gluestick, Tommie!
The cake table
Thank you Betty Crocker for the instructions, but I made this myself! It was so much fun and totally worth it when he woke up from his nap, saw it and started shouting "E-I-O, E-I-O!!!" and then following with all the animal sounds! He made it worth every second of tedious work! Shout out to my friend Colby for finding and using it first... I knew as soon as I saw it 8 months ago that I was going to do this for one of my boys one day! :-)
This was his party shirt.. totally him! My little monster for sure!
He sat in my lap and intently opened presents for several minutes. A lot more tame than I remember Logan being at this age!
Interest shown towards a Toys R Us gift card...
one day he will truly understand how amazing that gift is!
These CDs have made car rides so much more entertaining!
Uncle Mike masters in gift giving with Pumas for each birthday! This progression is just precious!
modeling them...
shouting for joy with everyone's attention...
and then he got embarrassed...
Elmo radio... thankfully it has an on/off switch!
Had to throw this in here... big brother's awfully dirty feet! Yum!
He was thrilled about new straw cups... not so thrilled when he took a "sip" and they were empty!
Heading outside for the big gift from Mommy and Daddy.
He had never seen one of these before but knew to climb right in and announce, "Let's Go!" Oh, so fun!
So fun! And, the best part, we have SO been getting our money's worth! Practically EVERY night, we are now bike riding as a family! The two youngest just love it and it's a great way to have family time between dinner and baths each night! Even better news, we got it for super cheap thanks to Woodlands Online!!! :-)
Cake Time!
Telling us he's "two!"
He absolutely "got it" that this was all about him!
Eating his little piggy!
Time to put together the new grill from Aunt Kelley!
Logan serving hot dogs!
Aunt Sue treated the boys to the Ice Cream Man!
One tired boy, ready to head up to bath and bed!
I can't believe my sweet Ryan is TWO! It was so nice to celebrate his birthday with just a small group of family and friends. Thanks to all that came for your sweet generosity and for loving our boys the way you do. It's times like that... intimate celebrations with those we love... that make me so aware of how full our life is! I pray that one day our boys realize how lucky they are to have this support and that they/we never take it for granted!!!!





















































No comments:
Post a Comment